Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Sticky Garage Door

It seems to happen every time we get temperatures below zero.  My garage door frame warps and my garage door won't go up when I click the garage door clicker.  Well, it's happened again this year.  The problem is we've had below zero many mornings compared to other years.  So, I have to help it up every morning.  I've tried greasing the rollers and tracks, but it seems there may be more to it than that.  The door seems to be skewed to the side as well and binds up.  Looks like the spring on the south side needs to be adjusted so both springs lift the door equally.  I'm hoping the warmer weather will stop the nonsense, but then I'll forget about it until it happens again next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More: Over The Rainbow Bridge

Last Saturday we had to put our Rusty Doggins down.  It was a very  hard thing to witness and especially hard to do.  Rusty is no longer suf...