Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My First Star Wars Movie

I have gone to every Star Wars movie in the theater since the first one A New Hope, in 1977. I will probably go to The Last Jedi in the theater if it runs that long.  The CGI and special effects have come a long way since that first one.  I can't say that I'm a crazy Star Wars fan, even though I enjoy the science fiction aspect of the story lines.  It's been hard to wait 40 years to find out a few amazing facts such as "I am your father" or "the princess is your sister".  In the Last Jedi, we find out Luke actually dies, or ascends, or joins the Force, or some such thing.  I think the actors who launched Star Wars are getting tired of showing up every year for another episode.  They want to be written out of the scrip.  It seems as though there have been a bunch of new characters written into the last couple of episodes.  There's a new story line where we're not really sure who these people are.  With the death of Luke, will we old folks continue to show up at the next Star Wars episode?  That remains to be seen, but I will probably be there in the theater once again next time, in crutches and a wheel chair when the next movie comes along.  I'll probably be the oldest person in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More: Over The Rainbow Bridge

Last Saturday we had to put our Rusty Doggins down.  It was a very  hard thing to witness and especially hard to do.  Rusty is no longer suf...