Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I Saw A Robin

I've been hearing robins on and off for a couple of weeks.  Some people say they migrate, others say they hang around if the winters are mild.  I believe they all went south this winter for some reason.  If I could have gone south, I would also have done so.  Anyway, when our kids were little, we encouraged them to all watch, and report back, if they saw a robin in the weeks before spring.  If they could confirm a robin sighting, we would bake a "worm cake".  A worm cake is a cake of any flavor chosen by the one who saw the robin, and was either filled by Gummy Worms, or Gummy Worms were crawling all over the frosting.  I think it's great idea for kids to anticipate the change of the seasons, and a worm cake is just the thing to bake when you see a robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More: Over The Rainbow Bridge

Last Saturday we had to put our Rusty Doggins down.  It was a very  hard thing to witness and especially hard to do.  Rusty is no longer suf...